Ear Care/Ear Wax

Who do I see?

Community Pharmacy/ Optician/Treatment Room Nurse


NHSGGC Ear Care Video (youtube.com)

Search for your nearest community pharmacist.

Opticians | NHS Inform

If you think you may need ear irrigation (‘syringing’ ) please speak to your local community pharmacy or optician, who may be able to assist.

Please note that this is not an NHS service and you will be charged for it.

On occasion, the Community Treatment and Care Service may be able to assist:

Local Community Treatment and Care Centres

Gorbals Health Centre 0141 201 5000 opt 9

Govanhill Health Centre 0141 531 8300

Castlemilk Health Centre 0141 531 8500

Thornliebank Health Centre 0141 531 6900

Govan Health Centre 0141 531 8400

Cardonald Medical Centre 0141 355 1033

Pollock Health Centre 0141 531 6800



Further information about ear care/ear wax available from NHS inform.